6 months

erik

In the spirit of Christmas, I wanted to do something like this for you, this thread is to commemorate the many friends I have made during my time on FN, those who have guided me since day one and those who were just there from the start of my journey till now.

This thread was written in secret, everyone tagged has been in one way or another a crucial part during my time here, they will be recognized in full today. There is no order to the list, used a wheel decider to make it even more fun. Everything in here is written from the heart, no scripts. I have intended to release it as soon as it was complete.

Let us begin.

@Higgs ,

You were one of the first people in the community who I got to know back in July, one of my first ever encounters with you was when we were in vc and I was playing FSX in the C172 and you dragged me into advisor for the first time in my life and started teaching me the checklist and start up procedure for the plane. You gave me one of the best greetings I have ever gotten in a community and it still resonates with me, throughout my time with FN I could always count on you to give me proper guidance and tips on how to do my job better. You have my gratitude for all that you have done for not only me, but all the other new staff starting out who may need help on the way on their own journeys. Thank you for making FN feel more like family then ever, Higgs.

@Kuro ,

When Zextrah first brought you into this community, it was a breath of fresh air to see a new face in the group, but there was much more to it, in the beginning, not much of your true character was revealed. And it made everything so much better. The more I got to know you, whether it was on csurf ruining experiences or on rust or even FL Studio, there was never any boredom when you were around, there was only laughter, UK Drill and asking Zextrah when you were gonna get to work on FiveM. From the bottom of my heart, Kuro, thank you for making my time on FN even more enjoyable than it already was.

@chase ,

To be honest, I wanted to open this thread with what I wanted to say to you first, but nevertheless I am glad I get to write something for you for the first time in 3 years. Our history dates all the way back to sometime in the beginning of 2017 and my recollection of memory may be way off but just bear with me. From the moment I joined FN, I noticed that you were here, the dude in my old discord server with the “d a d d y” role. I sought you out immediately, quite the nerve-wracking experience when you have not spoken to somebody after a 3-year hiatus. Our first conversation in 3 years was with sparky in general lobby of the FN discord while you were looking over your twitter feed and Regular Show memes. You quickly reminded me of the chase I knew from those years ago, the Abyss Network admin for their 24/7 Utopia server that I used to chill on after my last class in Grade 10, those years that feel so long ago now. We have grown up a lot since then. We applied for staff 2 days between each other, and both got accepted near the same time, trained a few days between each other, and got to work on Utopia. And since that day you were always one of if not my closest friend on here, I am absolutely honoured to have the privilege to work alongside you chase, thank you for always being here for me when I needed you the most!

@cyphh ,

One of the first members of staff who I got to work alongside was you, the fellow Canadian of the staff team, we got along like bread and butter, timbits and iced capps if you get my drift. Though our friendship really kicked off during mid August you have still played a massive part in my experience on FN, you have been the source of many of my laughs through the activities we had partaken in, and there is so many more to come! Thank you for everything you have done for the community and thank you cyphh for being a great friend.

@Slime ,

Holy shit man I literally love you, >80% of my time outside the the servers have been playing games with you and friends and those experiences crafted my experience on FN into quite possibly one of the best if not the best experiences of my year. Everything you have done has impacted how I do things in one way or another. You pushed me to do better as a staff member, you pushed me in osu! to the point where I can now beat maps that I could not have dreamed of beating now. We have had so many laughs in the short length of time that I have been part of this community that I will not forget for a while, too many for me to count on here. Truly, thank you Slime for everything that you have done.

@KamiSetsuei ,

I am grateful to you Kami, for everything we both have helped each other achieve. It was you who got me into AWP Bhop and that end of the servers, I fell in love with it almost immediately. You were always there to assist if I had an issue going on or just had a question about how something worked. Outside of the servers I got to know you on a much more personal level, you got me into Black Clover, one of my favourite shows up to this day. It is my absolute pleasure to get to work alongside you on my favourite game mode, thank you for all that you do Kami, for not only me but the betterment of FN.

[uSER=68]@Nick[/uSER] ,

Getting to see you in action on Utopia was one thing but getting to know one of my favourite people on FN was another invigorating experience. I got quite a bit of joy getting to interact with you on a near-daily basis, getting to see and receive some of the jokes and friendly banter you spit out all the time. Some of my greatest moments on FN were when you were present, for example, the things you say with us all makes FN feel not just like a community, but like a family. You were the one who started my journey Nick, I am grateful for that, and all that you do.

@Zextrah ,

From the first message I sent you on the 18th of July asking for perms on AWP I have been on the ride of my life, your personality brings a lot of joy to my life and the fact that we can talk about literally anything astonishes me sometimes. Quite frankly this is the first time I had ever seen this kind of quality in somebody’s character and the kind of vibe I feel in vc with you is unmatched to anyone by far. For all of the Phasmophobia laughs, CS:GO shenanigans and all of the other special moments we have had this year, Zextrah, for all that you’ve done for me and all of the things you do for FN on a daily basis.

@Garrett ,

My oh my, what do we have here? Ah yes, we got my favourite Advisor besides chase, the KZ legend himself. All jokes aside getting to know you over the past few months was incredible, though most of the moments we have had were completely outside of FN you are one of my favourite staff members to just hang out and talk to both inside and outside of the servers, thank you Garrett, for whopping my ass at Brawlhalla, smoking me on AWP and hopping with me on Bhop and KZ.

@Ticklespider ,

Just like chase, this was not the first tome I met you, as we were both players on Abyss back in 2017. That said we had not actually gotten to know each other until recently. But oh boy am I thankful for having a man like you to be there for this journey. Thank you for absolutely everything that you have done for this network, thank you for giving me the chance to connect with an amazing soul such as yourself, sorry for the mad pussy shit you had to experience with me on Phas, and lastly with respect. Thank you for your service, and your welcome for the tax dollars.

@Damien ,

You and your community are cherished in my heart, you are the facilitator to one of my greatest joys and pastimes ever, interacting with people online, especially now during a pandemic where I cannot really see anyone outside my immediate family. I remember my first ever conversations with you, organizing my training for my first ever time as staff on a server, and in vc where I get to know the man who made everything possible. You put your all into FN and it really shows. The care you foster into this community resonates with everyone I have met, chase, Zextrah, blye, Slime, everyone. Outside of the servers I get to experience laughs like never, and growth that I had not felt previously. This community has put a lasting effect on both my happiness and my drive for self improvement. Thank you, Damien, for everything you do for the benefit of your staff, current and future players and the future of FN, I am proud to be able to watch this community grow.

@blye ,

This was the last one I have written, currently it is 12:07AM and y’all are laughing on omegle while I finish up this letter.

Back to business,

Blye, I am so god damn happy I got to experience FN with you, your energy and humour make FN a much better place to be, even though your jokes are questionable I cannot help but to die laughing at the shit you do. Your energy is one of the best vibes I got to experience over these past few months, killing naked people on rust, shitposting in #general, playing osu! with Slime and friends, and so much more other activities that shaped our friendship over the past few months, thank you for all the laughs that we shared, and making my experience on FN so much more enjoyable.

To the staff here, and players alike. Happy holidays, love you all ❤️

erik : )

• Like 4

Ah yes, we got my favourite Advisor besides chase, the KZ legend himself

yikes man :confused:

@cyphh ,

One of the first members of staff who I got to work alongside was you, the fellow Canadian of the staff team, we got along like bread and butter, timbits and iced capps if you get my drift. Though our friendship really kicked off during mid August you have still played a massive part in my experience on FN, you have been the source of many of my laughs through the activities we had partaken in, and there is so many more to come! Thank you for everything you have done for the community and thank you cyphh for being a great friend.

gonna make me tear up

• 3 months later...

You shouldn't be posting stuff like that here. Not the place.

Edited by cyphh
  • Like 1