New Forums & The Future

Damien

Members

Hey guys, thought I might make one of my rare forum announcements and go over some of the new and exciting things our community has released and will be doing this year. This will be a rather lengthy wall of text so I am apologizing beforehand, hopefully our announcements get better in the future.

Firstly, as you can obviously see we have a completely overhauled website! Originally we used Xenforo as our backend, but late last year I was exposed to a different (and albeit superior) forum software that I instantly fell in love with. This, coupled with the fact that one of our original management members @sam rejoined the team, we decided it was time to push off of clunky Xenforo and move onto something better. I want to make a huge shoutout to @samfor recreating our forum API & LCP panel from scratch to work with invision along with helping setup the new software, as well as@nick and @Zextrahfor assisting with paying for the software. Some of the huge changes and benefits of IPS will be listed below.

- Obviously, a new and improved theme. 
- A far superior servers page with stats & player data to which you can see here.
- Far better styling & profile pages.
- Better steam integration to which you can see on your profile.
- A far better backend to work with.
- Custom Emojis & Better Reactions
- And numerous other improvements that I don't feel like listing.

One thing I wanted to bring more attention to is the Clubs application for IPS. Clubs are little forum groups you can make if you are a VIP that can be themed around any topic or idea. Every VIP is allowed to make one exclusive club, to which other users can join and receive a stylish forum bar, as well as join a group of individuals catered around a specific hobby or topic. Feel free to check out the clubs page for more information by hovering over the home page and clicking clubs, or by visiting this link.

Please keep in mind this forum software is new to us, so many bugs are possibly still present while we iron out the issues and add more content to the website, so look forward to many more patches & additions in the future including:

- A better home page with news & other things
- Integrated player stats into the forums (playtime, surf ranks, ext)
- A better roster
- Custom pages to view specific server stats
- A custom ShareX Fallen-Networks host
- and other small things I think of along the way.

Now onto the future part of this announcement:

As many of you know, we are hard at work with expansions into other games, but there are also many other fun surprises planned for the next community update. Community Update 6 is next on our list, and while initially I wanted to release everything at once, we have since decided that we will release these updates as they are ready in the order they are listed below.

Community Update 6 will consist of the following:
- CS:GO Beginner & Easy Surf receiving an overhaul, with better zones & a higher air acceleration value to make the server quite a bit more enjoyable to play.
- Numerous CS:GO Bug Fixes & Suggestions being fixed/added
- A CS:GO 1v1 Arena server
- A CS:GO 24/7 Surf Mesa Server
- A FiveM Gang RP server
- VIP/Nitro Booster Perks & Release
- Our partner community Mazora's release

Finally, I wanted to end this off with some congratulations to our new advisor @Kmoon, who will be replacing @chaseas he steps away from CS:GO and moves into a more generalized position dealing with the media side of our community. We will also be opening up several new positions & advisor slots, including 1v1 Advisor & Surf Advisor, both of which will be personally picked by our leadership team after reviewing who puts in the most dedication towards these specific portions of our community.

As always, thank you guys for the support, and we hope you enjoy our new website!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Care 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Damien locked this topic